Conditional Formatting Cell Adjacent to Cell Containing Date (past due date tracking)

chrizzly

I am working on a spreadsheet to track overdue invoices. I have invoice dates in column B, some cells in column B are blank as they have not been invoiced. Column C includes the dates when the invoices were paid. I am trying to use conditional formatting to highlight cells in column C where the adjacent date in column B exceeds 30 days. If the invoice has been paid and there is a paid date in column C, there should be no highlighting. Both columns B and C are formatted as dates.

I have tried multiple formulas to achieve this:

AND($B2<TODAY()-30,ISBLANK($C3)

IF(ISBLANK($A2),"",DATEDIF($A2,TODAY(),"D")>=30)

I'm getting random cell highlights in column C where dates in column B are empty. I've also noticed instances where dates in column B far exceed 30 days but are not highlighted.

Any input would be helpful.

Chris

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I just noticed the first formula is cut off. Here is the full formula: AND($B2<TODAY()-30,ISBLANK($C3)

Upvote 0
Try
=And($B2 < today()-30,isblank($C2))
both B2 & C2 should match the first cell in the applies to range

Upvote 0
Yes, the cell reference was an oversight. It doesn't seem to have changed the formatting. I'm still getting the same goofy error. Blank cells in column O still seem to throw the formatting off and result in a highlighted cell in column P. I found that limiting the cell range to only the columns I want helps with identifying dates that are beyond the 30 day mark. Still baffled with the blank cells in column O resulting in highlighting in column P.

Upvote 0
What columns have your actual data?
In the OP you were talking cols B & C, now it's O & P.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoniJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back