Conditional Formatting Dublication??

Hpsky

I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting and cell formulas on it (A). I have a backup of (A) on a second sheet (B) that also contains the same conditional formatting and cell formulas. At the end of the day instead of clearing the data on (A) I replace sheet (A) with sheet (B) by a sheet copy and paste macro. I do this to eliminate and possible of someone accidently modifying or deleting cell formulas for formatting on (A).
Now my problem, I have noticed that the conditional formatting on sheet (A) is not being replaced by the conditional formatting of sheet (B) during the copy and paste. Instead sheet (A) is adding the formatting thus replicating the conditional formatting commands during each paste. Sheet (A) continues to work fine but sooner or later this ever growing conditional formatting section will fail.
I have tried un formatting (B) but when I paste over (A) it leaves no formatting as all.
So how can I sheet paste (B) over (A) keep cell formulas and also only have one (Set) of Conditional formatting rules?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
It seems to me that you are not really using a sheet copy and paste as I can't reproduce your problem in my version of Excel (Excel 2003). Please share the code you are using so that we might be able to speculate what might be going on at your end.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back