spydey

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello (once again)!

I am using some conditional formatting to highlight specific dates in a column based upon a comparison to the TODAY() function.

The formula I am using in the conditional formating is:

=AND($F2:$F10>TODAY(),$F2:$F10<$A$1)

It is supposed to turn it yellow. It doesn't.

However, if I use just:

=$F2:$F10>TODAY()

It turns yellow.

Also, if I use:

=$F2:$F10<$A$1

It turns yellow.

But if I try and use the AND() function, no colors at all.

This is just a test population until I get it right and then transfer it over to the actual population.

Any thoughts as to why it isn't working?

I have done this before and it worked fine, but now it doesn't seem to work as expected.

Thanks a million!!

-Spydey

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Select F2:F10 being F2 the active cell and try this formula in Conditional Formatting
=AND($F2>TODAY(),$F2<$A$1)
pick the format you want

M.

Upvote 0
@ Marcela Bronco

Looks to have worked!! Thanks a million man.

Question for you? Why was it working with part of the formula, even if I had the whole range selected, but not for the whole formula if I had the whole range selected? I know that I have done it before likes this and it worked, so I am curious as to why it didn't now .....

Thanks again for your assistance!!

-Spydey

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now to figure out how to get my conditional formatting to by dynamic ........ I think I will need to have a dynamic name referencing my range, possibly using OFFSET, and then use that dynamic named range in my conditional formatting formula so that as the data in the range grows, the dynamic name grows with it, and thus the conditional formatting follows suit ..... gotta get back to tinkering ... hehehehe

:D

-Spydey

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Marcela Bronco

Looks to have worked!! Thanks a million man.

Question for you? Why was it working with part of the formula, even if I had the whole range selected, but not for the whole formula if I had the whole range selected? I know that I have done it before likes this and it worked, so I am curious as to why it didn't now .....

Thanks again for your assistance!!

-Spydey

In CF when you select the entire data range you should enter the formula for the first cell. Excel automatically adjust the references to the cells below.
That's it :)

M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Understood. I was used to using Excel 2007, which I don't think, at least based upon my previous experience, did this as I recall that I had to select the whole range (as in my examples above) ... but I could be wrong. I am now on Excel 2013.

Thanks for the clarification!

-Spydey

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back