Conditional Formatting Is changing font size - but it is also greyed out

jmattus

Board Regular
Hi Everyone:

I have a spreadsheet with conditional formatting on it that changes the font color if one cell does not match the contents of another.
Both cells are formatted for Calibri, 12pt. The sheet is loaded with data from a web app. The cells that do not match ARE changing color. But the font size is also changing. When I look at the rule for conditional formatting, the font Calibri is highlighted and the font size of 10 is highlighted. But both of those options are also greyed out so they cannot be changed.

If I put the cursor on the cell, the Home tab in the Ribbon shows Calibri, 12 pt. But if I highlight the text in the cell, the pop-up formatter shows Calibri, 10 pt.

How can that be possible? It is well documented that conditional formatting cannot change the font or font size. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

J

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Was it definitely created in Excel?

Upvote 0
Was it definitely created in Excel?

Yes. The form was created in Excel, then uploaded to a location on a web server that uses it. The web app populates the data, but does not have any formatting included when populating. I can provide a screen shot if that helps of what I see when looking at the conditional formatting box.

J

Upvote 0
Do you have any macros?
Also what happens if you remove the CF

Upvote 0
No macros at all. The sheet is saved as an .xlsx file. If the CF is removed, the size of the font returns to normal, 12 pt..

Upvote 0
You'll need to upload it to a share site, mark as shared & post the link to the thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back