Conditional formatting lost outside print area

SeanRWisner

I have a three sheet workbook that I created

The first sheet is virtually blank it allows the user to cut and paste dispatch info, and customer info from Lotus Notes Dispatching which is then referenced to auto populate appropriate cells in Service Report(third sheet)

The second sheet uses significant conditional formatting to aid the user in entering data in a very easy to use straight down vertical manner.

There are 74 rows of data entered followed by several comment areas which all also auto populate to the third sheet(service report).

Issues I am having, I only want the third sheet (service report) to print, but I want all conditional formatting to be visible to the user
At one point I put all three portions on a single sheet and set print range to exclude that which I don't want printed but then all formatting is masked and cells are just gray.

I would prefer to have the three sheets remain separate and to only print the third sheet, but need conditional formatting to remain functional and visible.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Welcome to MrExcel.

What do you mean by "I only want the third sheet (service report) to print, but I want all conditional formatting to be visible to the user" exactly? Visible where?

Upvote 0
I mean that the user (service tech) who is entering the data should see all of the conditional formatting on the second sheet. This formatting indicates data that has not yet been entered and data that falls outside of certain parameters which may indicate trouble shooting required on machines.

However when printing the service report for the customer I only want the third sheet to print, it prints as a single landscape page.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I still don't understand. What has printing got to do with the visibility of conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
When I set the data entry area outside the print area it all goes gray(no conditional formatting).

The only way I have been able to restore the conditional formatting is to reset it into the print area, this was with all three on the same sheet, which I did because I could not find any method for setting sheet 3 to print without printing sheets 1 & 2.
I don't want them all on one sheet any way, because the columns and rows are so dissimilar, because sheet 3(service report) is a long used format, I have added the other two pages to make integrate the newly adopted dispatching format and make entering the many data values much easier for the technician, so they can just enter value and hit tab or enter, rather than having to find and click in each parameters cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigPaws

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back