Conditional Formatting off of Pivot Grand Total

Von Cracker

Hey all,

I am looking for a solution for the Conditional formatting of a pivot table. That seams easy enough, but here's where the trouble starts. I want to use Traffic Light formatting based off of the Grand Total field (last row of the pivot and it's basically an Average since it's a calculated field). As of now, when using Record Macro, it only refs the cell where the GT was located at that time.

Say 'Cost per Click' (a calculated field) is in Column G, and Rows are broken-down by Campaign, Months, Years; Geography is one of the filters. The cells in Column G should have a corresponding Traffic Light based off of a basic formula - <.5 of avg, between, and > .5 of avg.

So when I remove a region in the Geography filter and select only for 2008, the pivot recalculates, and subsequently, the Grand Total figure changes (giving a new average) and the GT row moves up...how do I make it so where the formatting reads the new Grand Total of that column and adjusts the conditional formula?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greeshma Ravi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back