Conditional Formatting Question

football9673

I am new to this website so I apologize if this has already been answered. The spread sheet I am working on contains more information then these cells but they are the reference cells for the conditional formatting I am trying to accomplish.

So I need to do a type of conditional formatting as follows:

If the strength cell is blank (B cells) and it has been 28 days since the date placed (A cells). The blank cell should turn red and display the term "MISSING". If the cell is not blank the cell should have no conditional formatting and simply display the value entered in the cell. If it has not been more then 28 days and the strength cell is still blank there should be no conditional formatting applied to the cell.

The table below displays what I am trying to create; the B3 cell is correct and thus should display the 5000 value placed in that cell after the formatting. The B4 cell has exceeded the 28 days and is still blank, and thus I would like the conditional formatting to fill that cell in with the phrase "MISSING", and fill the cell with the color red. The same conditional formatting to this column of cells should also leave cell B5 alone since the 28 days has not been surpassed yet. I am having trouble determining how to make this work for my excel spread sheet (Do I need multiple rules? Is there a simpler solution for the problem I am trying to solve?). Any help would be greatly appreciated

1AB
2Date PlacedStrength of Concrete
37/5/155000
47/5/15
58/20/15

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I have the rule for filling the cell in with a color...

Highlight Cell # B3 and all the way down however far down you want to go, then make a new rule with this formula;

=IF(AND(A3<=(TODAY()-28),B3="",A3>0),TRUE,FALSE)

As for the word " Missing ", you could set a formula to put it there, but you would have to leave that formula alone and not enter anything into that cell...

The other choice would be with VBA, but I am not too good with VBA...

I hope this helps some..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back