Conditional Formatting with formula MS 2010

KelMac

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
First let me apologize if this has been answered before... I have searched this site & all across the web, and no formula found works for me... I hope someone here can help.

I have two spreadsheets (in 2 workbooks). One SS is a listing of Store Samples, the other is a Price List of products.

The Store Samples SS has a column named 'ItemNo' (Col E), the entries are short, 5 chars long.
The Pricing List SS has a column named 'Item #' (Col E), the entries are longer, 11 chars long. (NOTE: this is updated monthly with a whole new spreadsheet - so I'm hoping for an easy CF formula to paste as needed.)

The Item #'s in Pricing List contain the same ItemNo from StoreSamples, (just with additional letters/numbers in front & back of orig ItemNo, added by the distributors).

On the pricing spreadsheet, I would like the cells in the Item number column to be highlighted if the cell contains text (regardless of case) that is found in the ItemNo column of the Store Samples SS.

I hope this makes sense to all of you brilliant minds out there... cause this lady is ready to rip her hair out... I know this can be done... but HOW???!!!???

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back