Consolidate To Do list From multiple worksheets into one

exceldp

I have mutliple worksheets that have the same cloumns (date, item, description, status). Now I want a "master" worksheet from where i can view the data in all the worksheets if i choose. How can i achive this in excel. I am a programmer so I'm open to doing this in macros.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Do you simply want to copy all your worksheets into one "Master" sheet?

Upvote 0
Yes, but i want it to be "live" meaning. If i update the source sheet the change will be reflected in the "master" sheet. A bit like Oracle views.

Upvote 0
By "change" do you mean when any cell in any source sheet changes, the "master" will be automatically updated? If so, that can be rather cumbersome because the macro would run even if a small change is made in any cell. It would be more practical to have a button on each sheet that you can click whenever you want the update after the source sheet is changed. It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
I did. I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Click this link to download your file: https://app.box.com/s/ie1xdpgv7hmqc985xyj1pa48enz914j4
After looking at you data, I found that there is no need to use buttons. When you select an option from the drop down list in column D of any 'name' sheet, the data in that row will be automatically copied to the "MASTER". As you add more 'name' sheets, the macro must be copied to the worksheet code module of any new sheet by doing the following: Hold down the ALT key and press the F11 key. This will open the Visual Basic Editor. In the left hand pane, double click any existing 'name' sheet and you will see the macro in the right hand pane. Highlight the whole macro and copy it. Next double click the newly added 'name' sheet in the left hand pane and paste the macro in the empty right hand pane. Repeat this process for all newly added sheets. Close the Visual Basic Editor. I hope this works out for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JazzSingerNL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back