converting from excel to access and ran into an issue

TPRshop

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
we are slowly converting from excel to access due to making it easier to update and add new bale types etc. I ran into an issue where I don't understand how to make it display the data I want how I would like it. I need the ability to print an invoice showing the sales pickups and payments made by selecting the name. Any ideas how I could do this in access?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-15 090235.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090235.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090247.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090247.png
    52 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090256.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090256.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090311.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090311.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090322.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090322.png
    39 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090333.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090333.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2022-06-15 090346.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-15 090346.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
If there is a one-to-one relationship between all your tables, you should be able to simply create a query that combines all those values, and then you can print them on a Report.

If you have one-to-many relationships, then you may need to create a report for each table, and then link them all using Subreports (have one main report, with subreports linked to it).
The subreports are the reports that could have multiple lines.

Here is an article on Subreports: Create and use subreports.

There are many other articles, tutorials, and videos you can find on Subreports than can be found with simple Google and YouTube searches.

Upvote 0
Solution
thank you, I will see what I can do and get back to you if I have any more issues

Upvote 0
alright, so they all have a list of names under buyer, how would I make a drop down list where it will only show information related to the name I select?

Upvote 0
One way is to use a Parameter Query, where you prompt for which record/value you want to see (see: Use parameters to ask for input when running a query).
Then, you can base your Main Report on this Parameter Query, so whenever they go to open the Report, it will prompt them for the selection.

You could also make a Selection Form, where you can create selection drop-down boxes, though that is much more VBA-intensive, and involves dynamically writing SQL code to populate the query with (a bit more of an advanced approach, incorporating VBA and SQL code).

Upvote 0
I've followed a guide at this site and I've ran into another road block, or two rather, one how do I add all three tables of data, is this a subreport situation and if so, how do I create a report that will also have the drop down list on it as what I select for the query.

Upvote 0
the other issue I ran in to would be rather simple I assume, I just need the title of a report to change based of the name I select on the list

Upvote 0
One way is to use a Parameter Query, where you prompt for which record/value you want to see (see: Use parameters to ask for input when running a query).
Then, you can base your Main Report on this Parameter Query, so whenever they go to open the Report, it will prompt them for the selection.

You could also make a Selection Form, where you can create selection drop-down boxes, though that is much more VBA-intensive, and involves dynamically writing SQL code to populate the query with (a bit more of an advanced approach, incorporating VBA and SQL code).
ok, so I've got all the queries and a combination report, any way to put the name I select onto the header of the report, or just put the drop down list itself on the header?

Upvote 0
ok, so I've got all the queries and a combination report, any way to put the name I select onto the header of the report, or just put the drop down list itself on the header?
Whatever field is your parameter linked to?
That is the field you need to add to your report. It should be available to you, like all the other fields from that particular table or query.

Upvote 0
thank you for all your help, It seems to be semi functional now

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back