Copy and Paste Macro

motherteresa

Board Regular
I have a workbook with 3 worksheets in it. Each worksheet needs a various number of duplicate pages. In other words, the info on the page is like a template that needs to be copied downward. The page contains formulas and a macro attached to a button.

I have the Workbook created, with 1 page in each of those 3 worksheets. Our school consultants will then use their copy of the workbook and, depending on the client's needs, will need each worksheet's page copied and pasted a number of times. For example:

Ann needs
Wrksht 1 - 10 pages
Wrksht 2 - 15 pages
Wrksht 3 - 7 pages

Sue needs
Wrksht 1 - 30 pages
Wrksht 2 - 35 pages
Wrksht 3 - 15 pages

I could just create, say, 50 pages in each worksheet and then distribute the workbook to each consultant. But I was wondering if a macro could be written to copy everything on a page and then paste it x number of times...x being somehow defined by the user for each case.

So, for worksheet 1, the macro would copy rows 1-42 and then paste it to cell A43, A85, A127 and so on depending on how many copies were needed. This macro would be attached to a form(?) where a number indicating the number of copies desired could be input.

Thanks for any help. Hope I've explained it thoroughly enough.
:biggrin:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Yeah, I know. Bummer!! Because of how certain headings have to be aligned, I don't think the Center Across Selection option is going to work. Was hoping there was a way to paste the sheets saving all the formatting AND pasting the control button on the first pages that runs a "clear data" macro.

Hey, thanks for helping out.
:biggrin::biggrin:

Upvote 0
Instead of merged cells, you could try using a text box object from the Drawing toolbar. They would be duplicated with the macro and you can make them look just like merged cells.

Upvote 0
AlphaFrog (and Smitty, if you're out there)-

You're very kind and patient. Thank you. After the Merge issue, I decided to give Smitty's code another look. Turns out it didn't work (I'm guessing) because his range and offset was set for:
Code:
 Range("A1:I42").Copy Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)

When I changed it to:
Code:
 Range("A1:M42").Copy Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(42)

it copy and pasted just fine...except...(arrrgghhh...there's always something) the formulas didn't progress. What I mean is, a formula like this:
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(INVOICE!$E$7),"",IF(J4="Annual",EDATE(J3,12),IF(J4="Semi-Annual",EDATE(J3,6),IF(J4="Quarterly",EDATE(J3,3),""))))

stayed that way instead of becoming:
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(INVOICE!$E$7),"",IF(J46="Annual",EDATE(J45,12),IF(J46="Semi-Annual",EDATE(J45,6),IF(J46="Quarterly",EDATE(J45,3),""))))

and so on down the worksheet

Smitty's is not as elaborate of a solution because it would have to be activated from each page for that page. But, if I could get the formula issue worked out I think it would work.

Again, any help is SO appreciated. But, I understand if you have invested enough time already.

PS - Not trying to be difficult, but the text box thing won't work for a variety of reasons.

Upvote 0
This seemed to work.

From my macro above, change this line...
Code:
rng(i).Copy Destination:=rng(i).Resize(rng(i).Rows.Count * pgs(i))

To this...
Code:
rng(i).Copy Destination:=rng(i).Offset(rng(i).Rows.Count).Resize(rng(i).Rows.Count * (pgs(i) - 1))

Upvote 0
Oh My Gosh...it's so close. Here's the weird thing that happened.

It copied and pasted beautifully with formatting, the dreaded merged cells, progressing formulas...BUT

No matter how many copies I choose, it copied that macro button I have on the page and pasted it to only the first two pages. So, Page 1 and 2 wound up having the button, but not 3 4, and 5 if I chose 5 copies.

The button that did paste worked though.:biggrin::biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back