Copy cells of row containing string to different worksheet in vba

dibyendu

I have two worksheets named as "Records" and "Summary". In column D of worksheet "Records" there are registration number of different subjects (format "0000/2017, 000/2017, 00/2017, 0/2017, 000/2016, etc.).The occurrence of registration number of particular subject (which is unique number) is multiple in column D. Now, I need a VBA code which when run asked for registration number in the "pop-up" input box and then it will search for that particular registration number in column D of worksheet "Records".Thereafter, it will copy cell content of column "H","I","BG:BT" of the row containing the registration number.Now, the copied content will be paste in worksheet "Summary" in column "A","B","C","D".....(First row need to remain empty for HEADING). The above process should continue till all the occurence of multiple registration number in column D of worksheet "Records" and paste it in worksheet "Summary" in the next available row.When the macro is again runned, all the content of worksheet "Summary" needs to be cleared off.

Hopefully this is understandable, if anyone can help me or has any questions to help clarify please let me know. I have tried with the following code but it gives "run-time error 9".Sub FindNext_CopyX_Data() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Summary").Columns("A:Q").ClearContents Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet Dim AllCells As Range, Cell As Range Dim n&, Regno As String Set ws1 = Sheets("Records"): Set ws2 = Sheets("Summary"): Regno = InputBox("Which Registration Number ?"): ws1.Select 'added select sheet1 Set AllCells = ws1.Range("D1", Range("G65536").End(xlUp)) n = ws2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1 For Each Cell In AllCells With Cell If Cell = Regno Then Cell.EntireRow.Copy Destination:=ws2.Cells(n, 1): n = n + 1 End If End With Next Cell ws2.Select: Set ws1 = Nothing: Set ws2 = Nothing: Set AllCells = Nothing Range("A:G").EntireColumn.Delete Range("J:BE").EntireColumn.Delete Range("BU:BX").EntireColumn.Delete Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub

The code runs fine but when I enter an "ID" which is not present in the column, then it copies entire sheet(whereas, it should copy nothing if matching not found).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hello Dibyendu,

Qualifying that a last row exists should sort that out for you. Following is the adjusted code:-
Code:
Sub TransferData()

Dim IdSrch As String
    Dim lr As Long
    Dim ws As Worksheet, ws1 As Worksheet

Set ws = Sheets("Summary")
Set ws1 = Sheets("Records")
IdSrch = InputBox("Please enter the ID to search.")
If IdSrch = vbNullString Then Exit Sub

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

ws.UsedRange.Offset(1).ClearContents

With ws1.[A4].CurrentRegion
     .AutoFilter 4, IdSrch
     lr = ws1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
     If lr > 4 Then
     Union(Range("H5:I" & lr), Range("BG5:BT" & lr)).Copy
     ws.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlValues
     End If
    .AutoFilter
End With

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Thanks for you valuable inputs and time. The code runs perfectly.
You made the thread completed.
Thanksgiving
Dibyendu Sharma

Upvote 0
You're welcome Dibyendu. Glad that I was able to help.

All the best.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back