Copy everything from a Sheet I point to and Paste it to the sheet I start from

JessicaMc

I have set up a workbook with sheets named for each month.

I have 70+ separate excel files (one for each month) that each have a single sheet I want to copy into the new workbook's corresponding month sheet.

Each file is named different but the name of the sheet in those files that I need will all be the same.

Is there a way I could sit in the sheet I want it pasted to, run a macro that I can point to the correct file/workbook -- preferably without opening -- and then have it copy the contents of the sheet I want (again, will always have the same sheet name).

I want the sheet copied with formatting and all, an exact copy.

I don't mind still having to do a lot of manual steps but I have to do this over 70 times so I'm hoping there will be some steps to help me automate more/most of it.

This link seemed ilke it might have some stuff to help you help me - if i could control which sheet it copies more easily since for me the source data always has a different file name.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6195566/copying-worksheets-from-one-excel-document-to-another

I thought I lost that original message so I rewrote everything - differently - then I saw the restore button so I'm leaving both phrasings.
I would like to know if there is a Macro that could ask me which workbook to copy from, select the sheet in that workbook called CAP (sheet will always have the same name but I need to copy the sheet from 70 different files/workbooks) copy the whole sheet with formatting and all, and then paste it in my active sheet on the new workbook I am in.

I want to take data about a particular partner we have (CAP) out of the monthly summaries for the last ~72 months (which each have their own file/workbook) and put them all in one workbook just for this partner, on each sheet by month still.

I am only interested in automating everything I have to do for 1 month, but in a way that would easily let me do it again for the next month, and the next and the next, 70 times.

But a Macro would still be easier than opening each file, going to the sheet I want, copying everything, going back to my new workbook, pasting everything, closing the extra workbook, then doing that ALL again 70 times.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back