Copy row and paste to specified sheet if 2 terms are met

munchers65

I am trying to get my Excel sheet to search a specific column for text, if it finds the correct text I would like for it to search a second column for more specific text. If the text is found in both columns I would like the row it was found in to be copied to a specified sheet. I have a ton of tabs so I am unsure if I can have it look in a range of tabs or if I have to specify each tab in each Macro. The first sheet is names Jun 2016 and I want it to search column B for Amazon and then search column G for Vendor. If found in both columns I would like it to copy the row it was found in to the Amazon tab for tracking. Please let me know if this is not clear enough. I am not super familiar with Macros but if someone could help walk me through this I think I could do it. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hey munchers65! Welcome to the messageboard. Perhaps something like this will get you started:

Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff] Option Explicit[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff] Sub [/COLOR]Test()

[COLOR=#0000ff]   Dim [/COLOR]AmazonCll [COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR] Range
  [COLOR=#0000ff]  Dim [/COLOR]ws [COLOR=#0000ff]As [/COLOR]Worksheet
[COLOR=#0000ff]    Dim[/COLOR] strFirstFound [COLOR=#0000ff]As String[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]   Set [/COLOR]ws = Sheets("Sheet1")[COLOR=#008000] 'Change Accordingly[/COLOR]
 [COLOR=#0000ff]   Set [/COLOR]AmazonCll = ws.Columns(2).Find("Amazon", , xlValues, xlPart, xlByRows, xlNext, False) [COLOR=#008000] 'Search Column B for Amazon[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=#0000ff] If [/COLOR]AmazonCll[COLOR=#0000ff] Is Nothing Then Exit Sub[/COLOR] [COLOR=#008000]'If Amazon is not found exit procedure[/COLOR]
    strFirstFound = AmazonCll.Address

[COLOR=#0000ff]    Do[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]        If[/COLOR] AmazonCll.Offset(, 5).Value = "Vendor" [COLOR=#0000ff]Then[/COLOR]
            AmazonCll.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Amazon").Rows(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1) [COLOR=#008000]'Copy and Paste Data[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]        End If[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]     Set [/COLOR]AmazonCll = ws.Columns(2).FindNext(After:=AmazonCll)
 [COLOR=#0000ff]    Loop Until[/COLOR] AmazonCll.Address = strFirstFound [COLOR=#008000]'Loop through all Amazon Values in Column B until last row[/COLOR]
     MsgBox "Done!"
[COLOR=#0000ff] End Sub[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Please excuse me if I am missing something simple but I am getting Error code 9 on the below line.

Set ws = Sheets("Sheet1") 'Change Accordingly

Should I be changing the Sheets or the Sheet1 to the name of the sheet, or both?

Set ws = Amazon("Amazon") 'Change Accordingly

Upvote 0
Well I feel silly so I understand it should be the below text however I do not see the point that it is looking in JUN 2016 for Amazon.
Set ws = Sheets("Amazon") 'Change Accordingly

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back