Copy Used Range to first blank row on another sheet in same workbook

blbat

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
I'm getting a: "Method 'Range' of object_'Worksheet' failed" error message on the following code. it works up to the .Copy portion but I'm definitely doing something wrong with the Destination. Any help would be appreciated!

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim mySheetW As Worksheet, mySheetT As Worksheet, LastRow As Long, LastCol As Long, LastRowT As Long, LastColT As Long

Set mySheetT = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("working")                              'Destination Sheet
Set mySheetW = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet                                             'Macro called from this Sheet
LastRow = mySheetW.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row                           'Last Row of Active Sheet
LastCol = mySheetW.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column              'Last Column of Active Sheet
LastRowT = mySheetT.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row                          'Last Row of Destination Sheet
LastColT = mySheetT.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column             'Last Column of Destination Sheet

mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Copy Destination:=mySheetT.Range(LastRowT, LastColT).Paste

'No Cigar!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Simply remove the .Paste from the end of the line

Upvote 0
Thx for reply Fluff....removed the .Paste and same error persists.

Upvote 0
Fluff- (or anyone)
if you're still willing to help on this, I just got back to working on this problem and am having difficulty.
Still receiving Run-time error '1004'
Method 'Range' of object '_WorkSheet' failed

The message box correctly reports the destination sheet last row, but it fail when I execute the rest of the code.

what I am doing wrong here?

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim mySheetW As Worksheet, mySheetT As Worksheet, LastRow As Long, LastCol As Long, LastRowT As Long, LastColT As Long

Set mySheetT = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("working") 'Destination Sheet
Set mySheetW = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet 'Macro called from this Sheet
LastRow = mySheetW.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'Last Row of Active Sheet
LastCol = mySheetW.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'Last Column of Active Sheet
LastRowT = mySheetT.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'Last Row of Destination Sheet
LastColT = mySheetT.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'Last Column of Destination Sheet

'Next is select working Range WITHOUT Title Row!
'****************************
'mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Select

MsgBox (LastRowT) 'reports correct Last Row of Destination Sheet

'mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Copy Destination:=mySheetT.Range(LastRowT, LastColT)

mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Copy Destination:=mySheetT.Range(LastRowT + 1, LastColT)
'+1 intended to make destination row one down from last used Row

'Still No Cigar!

End Sub

Upvote 0
It should be
Code:
mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Copy Destination:=mySheetT.[COLOR=#ff0000]Cells[/COLOR](LastRowT + 1, LastColT)
But do you really want to paste the used range into sheetT starting at the last used column, or starting in col A?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks...that stopped the error, in fact there is no error at all, but the data is not getting copied into the destination sheet.

I don't need to have some sort of "Paste" method in there?

Upvote 0
Could you answer my question in post#5?

Upvote 0
****! sorry Fluff, I totally missed your question and it's an extremely good one!! LOL, it was indeed pasting it after the last column. I meant for it to paste starting in column A

Thanks so much for all your patience.
this works:
Code:
mySheetW.UsedRange.Offset(1).Resize(LastRow - 1, LastCol - 1).Copy Destination:=mySheetT.Cells(LastRowT + 1, LastColT - 35)

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

I would recommend changing it to
Code:
mySheetT.Cells(LastRowT + 1, 1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back