Countif unique entry in colum

studio95

Board Regular
Good morning all,

I currently have a worksheet which I use to log quote requests received. For reasons that are beneficial elsewhere if there are multiple items on the quote for the same company each item is added to a new row the log but using the same identifying order number.

i.e

Status Order Number company item Value Quote Date Order Date
Won 1111.2222 abc123 123abc £100 1/5/18 1/6/18
Won 1111.2222 abc123 345def £100 1/5/18 1/6/18
Won 1111.2222 abc123 678ghi £125 1/5/18 1/6/18

I have now inserted a simple summary sheet which as I want to view the quotes raised and orders won by week. The summary sheet comprises of:-

B1 = week commencing date
Column A = list of items
Column B = count of quotes raised =COUNTIFS('Sales Data'!G:G,'Overview Weekly'!$B$1,'Sales Data'!O:O,A5)
Column C = count of quotes won =COUNTIFS('Sales Data'!G:G,'Overview Weekly'!$B$1,'Sales Data'!O:O,A5)

The issue I have is that the statements above are counting individual entries where there has been a date entered and not individual quote\order numbers, therefore the value returned using on the current statements on the above example would be 3 quotes raised and 3 orders won when the reality is 1 quote was raised and 1 order was won.

I would also like to add a column which gives me the value of the orders won for a particular week and am unable to use vlookup against a list of item as I have differing pricing per customer so need to return a value based on the value of the order for required week selected.

Hope this makes sense, I will try to clarify if not.. :confused:

Thank you

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leobueno

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back