COUNTIFS or SUMPRODUCTS using multiple criteria with different options..

pho3n1x

Good afternoon, all!

Hopefully I explain this well. I'm working on summarizing data and I have four different criteria that I want to be able to "filter" the data by, each with a couple of different options. The first two criteria are a start and end date - That's simple. CountIf between those dates. Where I am getting stumped is the additional criteria..

This is a real estate spreadsheet, so as an example, for the 3rd criteria (type), the value may be Seller, Buyer or I could leave that field blank. If its blank, my intention is that it will ignore type and count everything that matches the other criteria (such as being within the correct date range).

There is one other criteria, which is the agent's name.. Same principal as the Type field. It could either have an agent's name, in which case I want it to only count the data for that specific agent, or it could be blank in which case I want it to ignore that criteria and count for all agents that meet the other criteria (date and type).

I hope this makes sense.. I think I'm overcomplicating it in my head, so any guidance is appreciated!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Welcome to the board.

That sounds like a job best suited for a Pivot Table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back