Countifs Partial Match

Godders199

Office Version
  1. 2013
Hello, i am trying to modify a formula to count partial matches, my current formula is

=COUNTIFS(Allocation!H:H,'Instructions '!L3,Allocation!AB:AB,"<="&EOMONTH(TODAY(),0),Allocation!AB:AB,">"&EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1))

which works correctly , for matches in the current month. However, I am now having to use a second feed into excel from Sharepoint which contains names from outlook which differ from all the other feeds. So i just need to change the first element of the formula =COUNTIFS(Allocation!H:H,'Instructions '!L3

Allocation H:H is the name in Outlook, Instruction Ls is the name in all the other systems. i tried wrapping Instructions L3 in "**" but this did not work.

an example of what i have is that Outlook might say Fred 1 smith , where all other systems just say fred smith ( instructions L3), so i just want to count all any row where in column H H the name in instructions L3 is contained.

I am unable to change the names in my search criteria, as it is only outlook which has added numbers or middle names , initials to create unique account names.

Have been searching google but unable to find an example, so i hope this is possible.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
For an example like that, you might use something like:

=COUNTIFS(Allocation!H:H,SUBSTITUTE('Instructions '!L3," ","*")...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back