Counting activity by week

agnerc

I hope this will not be too difficult to explain but this is a tough one.

I have 3 columns, A, B & C and each column has about 10 rows. Each cell is formatted to be a date.

So for example, the rows are broken down into weeks, so the first 10 rows will be week 1, the next rows will be week 2 and so on.

When our manufacturing shop A starts working on a job, we enter the date they started in A1. If shop A starts on second job that same day, they enter the same date in A2 and so on throughout the week. When shop B starts, they will do the same thing. We have a maximum of 17 jobs that can start in one week. It is possible that shop A does not start all 17 in one week and thus start one of those in week 2.

Ok, what I am wanting to do is create a graph that shows when the shops have starts. So my graph will have the quantity of starts on the left, the week listed at the bottom. One of my sticking points is figuring out how too capture the data when a shop misses a start on a week and it has to carry over to the next week.

Let me know if you want to see a screen shot and I can send it to you, I really need to get this to work.

Thank you,

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back