Create a form application in Excel, that doesn't open in Excel

JRob1

I created a form in Excel made to calculate a customer's financial savings by entering their information in text boxes and clicking a macro button which calculates everything on a seperate spreadsheet. I did not create the form using VBA. Just using cells and macro buttons.

I want to make this a "financial calculator" program that does not open in excel. Capable of putting its own icon on my desktop. Is this possible? Should I use some type of shell statement in the VBA code behind the workbook? Any answers would be appreciated. Please let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Welcome to the Board!

If you have a version of Excel prior to 2007 you can create what's called a Dictator application. You can eliminate command bars, menu items, etc., and make Excel look like a stand-alone application. If you do a board search you should find plenty of examples.

If you're in Excel 2007+ I think your best bet would probably be to save as a web page, because there's no getting rid of the Ribbon.

You can also do a Bingle seacrch for "Excel compiler", as there are a few programs out there that can create .exe's out of Excel workbooks.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thanks Smitty. I'm going the way of the Excel compiler. Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. In Excel 2007, the webpage conversion causes me to loose all interactivity. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back