Create Pivot Table Macro to Use Across Multiple Workbooks

nhbells5125

I'm looking to create a series of Macros that can be used across multiple workbooks to manipulate table data into pivot tables. The data comes in a simlar format on a quarterly basis.

On a quarterly basis I receive a data set that's roughly ~77,000 rows and only about 13 columns. With this data set I create 15-16 pivot tables to slice the data and to get the information I need. Pivoting for what I need is easy however, It's extremely time consuming given the amount of data and number of Pivot tables. I'm hoping that I can create a macro workbook that allows me to cut down on the time pivoting. I'd also like to be able to send this macro workbook to coworkers so that if I were unable to run the macros they could and get the same data.

What I need in terms of pivot results does not change. Additionally the data columns stays the same however the rows might increase or decreased dependent on activity. I know how to create and run macros, however I'm not sure how to tell excel to pull the information from the updated data every quarter and how to not revert to the previous quarter's data. I guess putting it in the simplest terms is that I want the macro to "look" in the same area every time it's run and from there create the pivot table with the most up-to-date data. Additionally I'd like to have the macro create a new sheet for each Pivot table as well as name them. I can help clarify the problem if need be.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back