Creating a Football Positional Depth Chart in Excel

wpcoach68

I am new to this site so bare with me. I keep trying to attach an image and it keeps erasing my text! And it seems since I am posting this from my office that I cannot get the image to attach as an URL link.

So, I will try to explain as best I can.

I have 1 file with two sheets/pages (MasterRoster & DepthChart). So the mast roster has all of my players, listed with jersey #, Last name, first name, position, phone, email, etc...

When I list their position in column D, I want their basic information (jersey #, last name & first name) to automatically appear on the DepthChart page/sheet, under the appropriate position and listed vertically in no particular order.

On the DepthChart sheet/page, each position group has approximately 10 rows under it. The offense is listed across the top and the defense is listed across the bottom. So, for example, on the QB group would list from A3 across to C3, and down to A12 across to C12. The DE group would then list directly under that, as A16 across to C16 and down to A25 across to C25.

If I have to adjust my formatting of that page I can. But, of course I would like to keep it as is.

All the VLOOKUP formulas I have played with I cannot seem to get to work.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accountant606

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back