Data Sorting

gimran

Dear,

I have a data which looks like below:

Now in a next sheet I want to sort all the data which are answered (E column). using which formula i get all the information which are answered.

Note: the data range is dynamic.

Below is a sample of the after sorting.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi gimran,

Do you mean something like this...

Code:
Sub Srt_On_2_Cols()
    ActiveSheet.Range("A2").CurrentRegion.Select
    ActiveSheet.Sort.SortFields.Clear
    ActiveSheet.Range("A2" & CurrentRegion).Sort Key1:=Range("E2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=True, _
        Key2:=Range("C2"), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=True, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
End Sub

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Now in a next sheet I want to sort all the data which are answered (E column). using which formula i get all the information which are answered.

Not really clear to me. Is the task to :
  1. Extract all records in Table 1 where Call Status = Answered
  2. "Copy" the extracted records in a 2nd Table (next Sheet) sorted by Date/Time

If YES to #1 and #2, do you really want to "copy" all columns (you seem to have a lot) from Table 1 to Table 2?

Note: the data range is dynamic
Looking at your pictures you seem to use Tables where ranges (i.e. [Call Status]) are dynamically adjusted to the size of the Table. So I wonder if I missed something or if you use formulas (w/ Named variables) somewhere else to adjust the size of some ranges. Could you clarify this as well please?

FYI: I have a couple of array formulas doing #1 and #2. Not sure this is the best option with a large data set though. If you could give us a sense re. how many rows are/will be involved maybe someone could suggest something more efficient.

Regards
XLearner

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for the response. I want to extract all data in a separate sheet which are answered. Now all the data are sorted in three label answered, abandon and noans. I want to extract all data which are answered and dates has to be sorted.

The number of rows can go as high as 600K.

Hi,

Not really clear to me. Is the task to :
  1. Extract all records in Table 1 where Call Status = Answered
  2. "Copy" the extracted records in a 2nd Table (next Sheet) sorted by Date/Time

If YES to #1 and #2, do you really want to "copy" all columns (you seem to have a lot) from Table 1 to Table 2?

Looking at your pictures you seem to use Tables where ranges (i.e. [Call Status]) are dynamically adjusted to the size of the Table. So I wonder if I missed something or if you use formulas (w/ Named variables) somewhere else to adjust the size of some ranges. Could you clarify this as well please?

FYI: I have a couple of array formulas doing #1 and #2. Not sure this is the best option with a large data set though. If you could give us a sense re. how many rows are/will be involved maybe someone could suggest something more efficient.

Regards
XLearner

Upvote 0
Hi,

"The number of rows can go as high as 600K". I doubt array formulas can manage this efficiently given that you want to extract (in addition) all columns (that's what I understand when you say "I want to extract all data").

Which version of Excel do you run?

Regards
XLearner

Upvote 0
Excel 2010 is fine re. the idea I had earlier to update the formulas I have. I won't have time to work on this in the next hours though... Expect an update laterrrr today

Upvote 0
Hi,

With the AGGREGATE function (Excel >/= 2010). I doubt this is a viable option with potentially 600K rows. Let us know please...

Assumptions
  • Source Table is named tblSource<strike></strike>
  • Source Table is already filtered. In your case on [Call Status]=Answered
  • Answered calls have valid dates (blanks/invalid dates not checked - doable if necessary) in Source Table
  • Column titles are sticktly the same in Source and Destination tables.The order of the columns can be different as the formulas in the Destination Table match the column number in the Source Table - something to look at it term of optimization...
  • Destination Table is large enough (# rows) to "receive" all the records to extract from the Source Table
Recommandations
  • Disable Excel auto calc.
  • Copy the 1st formula in the Destination Table
  • Force the calc. (F9) and see how it goes with the 1st formula before copying the others (still w/auto. calc. disabled)
Source Table (tblSource<strike></strike>) sample
ABCDE
1Cust Ph No<strike></strike>Cust Name<strike></strike>Date Time<strike></strike>Duration<strike></strike>Call Status<strike></strike>
2880010101012<strike></strike>Customer 2<strike></strike>05/01/2016 00:20:00<strike></strike>00:10:40<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
4880010101014<strike></strike>Customer 405/01/2016 00:18:00<strike></strike>00:07:10<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
6880010101016<strike></strike>Customer 605/01/2016 00:16:00<strike></strike>00:09:20<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
8880010101018<strike></strike>Customer 805/01/2016 00:14:00<strike></strike>00:08:50<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Destination Table
sample
ABCDE
1Cust Ph No<strike></strike><strike></strike>Cust Name<strike></strike><strike></strike>Date Time<strike></strike><strike></strike>Duration<strike></strike><strike></strike>Call Status<strike></strike><strike></strike>
28800101010122<strike></strike>Customer 22<strike></strike>04/01/2016 00:05:00<strike></strike>00:10:10<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
38800101010124<strike></strike>Customer 24<strike></strike>05/01/2016 00:01:00<strike></strike>00:08:24<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
48800101010121<strike></strike>Customer 2105/01/2016 00:01:03<strike></strike>00:08:12<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>
58800101010125<strike></strike>Customer 25<strike></strike>05/01/2016 00:01:07<strike></strike>00:08:25<strike></strike>Answered<strike></strike>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Named variable
vNbRecordsToExtract with formula
Code:
=AGGREGATE(3,5,([COLOR=#0000cd][B][I]tblSource[/I][/B][/COLOR][Call Status]))

Formulas in Destination Table (tblDestination)
in C2:
Code:
=IF(ROWS($C$2:$C2) > [B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]vNbRecordsToExtract[/COLOR][/I][/B], "",
AGGREGATE(15,5,[COLOR=#0000cd][B][I]tblSource[/I][/B][/COLOR][Date Time],ROWS($C$2:$C2)))
validate with Enter only

in A2 (to Copy/Paste in B2, D2, E2...):
Code:
=IF(ROWS(A$2:A2) > [B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]vNbRecordsToExtract[/COLOR][/I][/B], "",
INDEX([B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]tblSource[/COLOR][/I][/B], MATCH(AGGREGATE(15,5,IF([B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]tblSource[/COLOR][/I][/B][Date Time]=[@[Date Time]],ROW([B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]tblSource[/COLOR][/I][/B][Date Time])),
                                 COUNTIF($C$1:$C1,[@[Date Time]])+1),
                       ROW([B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]tblSource[/COLOR][/I][/B]),0), MATCH(A$1,[B][I][COLOR=#0000cd]tblSource[/COLOR][/I][/B][#Headers],0)))
validate with Ctrl+Shift+Enter (array formula)

See SAMPLE_AGGREG_ExtractRecordsWithOneCriteriaAndSortByDateTime.xlsx if necessary

Regards
XLearner

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back