Data Validation Bug in Excel 2010?

Duvnjak

Hello,

I am having some issues testing an Excel 2003 template in Excel 2010. My main issue is with Data Validation lists.

When I export an .XLT worksheet (saved in 97/2003 format) that contains a number of Data Validation lists and then open it in Excel 2010, some of my validation lists magically disappear. I'm not exactly sure why. When building data validation lists, I am using named ranges that reside on the same worksheet. I have cleared and rebuilt the data validation lists with varying results, but the end result is always the same - I am missing one or more validation lists.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Can you give an example of one that disappears and what precisely is entered into the source box in 2003?

Upvote 0
I have a spreadsheet used for calculating labour with four sections:

FT
PT
Key
Mgmt

In each section I have a column called PayBase. The user is expected to select a Pay Base (column B) for each employee added (this will be either salary or hourly which is also what my data validation list is based on).

Originally, I had placed the following values in P1 and P2 (which is hidden) respectively:

Salary
Hourly

and named this range PayBase

For some reason, I get the lists showing up in FT but nothing in PT, Key or Mgmt

However, I just figured out that if duplicated the above range 4 times and renamed each one to PayBaseFT, PayBasePT, PayBaseKey and PayBaseMgmt, everything works out beautifully.

It just makes no sense to me why I should have to replicate the original range four times in order for this to work properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back