Data Validation Issue

HalaMadrid7

Hi There,

SO I have created a large spreadsheet but my main concern is between three data validation columns that are all working together.

Column A -- You choose from a dropdown list for a particular reason
Column B -- You choose state based on the region you choose
Column C -- You choose customer based on state

If the process is followed correctly or how intended the validation works perfectly, and I have the copy/paste block on the spreadsheet as well.

If the process is not followed correctly by the individual, without choosing column A they can input anything they want into column B, and same goes for column C.

Is there a way to force the individual to only choose from the list, no manual entry whatsoever in any of the columns? I have also inputted that there is an OTHER option for an miscellaneous situations, which is the error message if they try to input a manual entry but again that is based on if they input correctly in the dependent columns.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
If I understand correctly, you're looking to create dependent lists? For example, if they chose "Mid-Atlantic" region, they would then be able to choose from Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, but NOT California?

If so, I followed the instructions on this link and accomplished the goal: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipDude83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back