Database totals as I select filter

Muhldg

Hi all,

Got a quick question whether its possible to include totals in my database according to the drop-down I select.

I currently have a database that have 4 different variables and another tab that brings me a P&L view using sumifs according to the chosen variables. There's a drop-down which I can choose the different combinations of these variables (i.e. Sales of Brand 1 Watches in West region).

However this database has no totals. This means I don't have a specific row with the total sales of Brand 1 Watches in all regions. Including all total lines I want would be impossible as I have a huge amount of possible combinations between those variables.

Any idea I could do this in a smart and dynamic way? This means I could have further options of each variable and also a new variable in the future.

Thanks a lot!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You can create a pivot table

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123hpeinstall

This Week's Hot Topics

• help please
    SORRY NOT ANY GOOD AT EXCEL SO HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED this formula is in a sheet called ignore...
  • two formulas needed
    Hello, I'll try my best to explain this: First formula needed in Sheet1 cell A2: If Sheet1 cell B2 = Sheet2 cell B2 then return a 1. If not then...
  • Dynamic Counts
    Good afternoon, we are tidying up some data & the data seems to be growing quicker than we are tidying it up! What we confirm (by reviewing it...
  • Help Excel formula eliminate duplicate values and keep only 2 identical rows.
    as picture below column A has a duplicate value. but the values are not the same as the rule. sometimes 4 rows, sometimes 10 rows or 7 or 9...
  • Macro Compile Error Sub or Function not defined
    Hello, I am trying to run macros from a validation list, all macros have been created and run perfectly on there own but I'm getting a compile...
  • Last row combined with Current Region VBA
    I'm generally happy finding the last row of data through something like Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp) but I don't always receive data...