Date Formats not picked up in Pivot Table

SpineyNorman

Hello friends,

I have inherited a spreadsheet that I need to update soon. It takes data that has a date field and creates a pivot table by month. The person who created it completed it thru February. Now I have added data for March and April, but the pivot tables can not find this new data and I suspect it is because of the date formatting (I have done the Change Data Source under PivotTable Options to include all the new data).

The reason I suspect the date format is that she built a button to run a macro named "dateformat", which is not in the workbook. I have tired to manually format the date using the format painter from the February dates that the pibvot table recognizes, but I still get no results.

So I am at a loss. I realize this is somewhat of a vague question, but since I am a pivot table neophyte I thougth maybe someone could easily see the flaw that I am missing.

Thanks in advance. You guys have always bailed me out in the past.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I get an "empty" pivot table. When set to February I get all the data. When set to April, it all goes away. I don't know how to insert a picture, but I have a screen grab of an empty pivot table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwguy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back