date stamp and protected cell

christinapena2

hello im trying to figure out how to do something so simple but so difficult my mind cant figure out how to do it.. ok here i go

i want to be able to stamp a cell with a date and time if i could but i only want it to be changed when the list of people i have change the worksheet. but after they have i dont want it to change any more then i want to protect it so they cant change it or alter it so if i open to worksheet the time and date wont change or alter. if some one can help me god you would be a god send.. thank you so much

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Welcome to the Board!

You can do what you want with VBA, but how do you identify who's made changes to the workbook? What's the criteria for entering the time stamp (when the wb's saved, closed, when a particular range has been edited, etc.?)

Here's an example of setting a date stamp before the wb is closed:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Boolean</SPAN>)<br>    ActiveSheet.Unprotect<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Range("A1")<br>            .Value = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Date</SPAN><br>            .Locked = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    ActiveSheet.Protect<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kauamarcosms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back