Deplete cell values based on a common reference 2

victoria2207

Good Afternoon,

I posted a similar query last month and got a great response, I now have to expand upon the idea.

Basically, I have a stock sheet and every time a product is created the stock for it must be depleted manually a part at a time. We have almost 8000 parts and each product can consist of up to 500 different items.

I have created a monthly stock sheet with a column for each day of the month OR product created:

Date Created
Work Order
Name
Part No.Supplier Part No.DescriptionTOTAL OutboundItem 1Item 2 Item 3Etc
AAA6704Washer0
BBB10039Clamp0
CCC10612Mount0
DDD10617Filter0
Etc 0
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <col width="141" style="width: 106pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5006;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="5"> <tbody> </tbody>

What I think I would like to be able to do is when a material list is dropped into a sheet (Say the 'work order' sheet), at the top of each column have a button which runs a macro which will look up to that sheet for the values (which will have the part number in common) and drop the values into that particular column then copy/paste them as values.

There may be an easier way to do this, including an individual sheet for each product (and I can simply do a sumif) but this has 2 problems:

1. The file will be massive - this is already a problem with the current stock file which has to be repaired on average once a month
2. The other people using it are not as familiar with Excel as me (and I am far/far from an expert) so asking them to enter formula without causing an error somewhere is far from ideal.

If anyone has any ideas/examples of something that already exists that fits this purpose - I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Vic2207

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Using the VBA provided to me in my previous thread and tailoring it, I have managed to resolve this.
Thank you to anyone who considered this query.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hideto94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back