Display different lists based on conditions in a dropdown menu

kterkuile

Could anyone point me in the right direction, please? I have a list with teamnames for my local poolcompetition. And, thanks for asking, mainly straight and 8-ball ;). Now, I use this list as input for a validation drop down list. Now comes the tricky part: for every team i have a list of teammembers. What i want is when i choose a certain team, i want the list of five, six or seven teammembers connected to that specific teamname automatically displayed in a column. So, when i change the teamname in my dropdownlist, i will see a different set of players on the spot where the former list used to be. How hard can that be, right: however, i can't seem to crack it.

I know and love dependent validation lists, however, and although what i want is much the same, it isn't exactly. I want the whole list and not a dropdown menu i can choose the right teammembers from.

Take care,

Karel

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I've been thinking about it for a few days now. What i want is basically to display the whole named range of the same name that I choose from the drop down box.

Probably can't be done, judging by the flood of reactions ;). Oh well, you can't automate everything, can you.

Take care,

Karel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back