Displaying hyperlinks in queries and reports - Access 2010

reenieh

Hi,

My goal is to create reports from Access that contain several different hyperlinks. I am using linked tables at this time as I am only testing the sytem as yet and still want it connected to the original data. I have four original tables from which I want data displayed. I have done the following as I understand that this is what I have to do.

1. From my original excel tables, I have created linked html tables.
2. I have imported the html tables and maintained the links to the original html (excel linked to html, linked to access).
3. When importing the htmls, I have indicated in the tables, which columns are hyperlinks and when I checked in the design view of the tables, all the appropriate columns are listed as hyperlinks.
4. Created a query to narrow down my list from my four tables, i have created a left join property for "Application Name" from each table. (so each table has the application name and that is what links them). I chose the column Application Name from the first table and add a hyperlinked column from each of the other three tables.
5. In the "Total" category of the query, I have selected Group by for the Application Name and have at separate times, selected either group or first for the other 3 columns and get either; (group by) first column of hyperlink working and gobbly goup for the next three that is blue hyperlink, but goes no where; or (first) the full name of the hyperlink in all columns, with no blue indicator and no actual link.

All I really want to do is make sure my hyperlinks appear in queries and reports as this is the point of most of the information coming out of these tables.

Also, I want to know if there is a site which offers advanced Access information as everywhere I search an explanation comes up and does not go far enough to tell me any real information other than that for a beginner.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
got it,
in the report you have a field lets call SITE
place an UNBOUND txtbox, set prop: IS HYPERLINK = true
source: =[site] & "#" & [site] & "##"

clicking the link will open it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back