Displaying values in the next available cell

TWienholz

Board Regular
Good morning everyone. Does anyone know if there is a way to fill in a range of cells based on info from another range of cells but have them fill in so that there are no blank cells in the starting range? Pardon the confusion, but I have a formula that reads as follows:

=IF(AND(OR('Data Sheet'!M37=TRUE),(OR('Project Data Sheet'!H21={"Small - Adult/PRE-NOTICE","Small - Adult/English","Small - Adult/Spanish","Large - Adult/Eng-Spa","Small - Adult/Custom","Large - Adult/Custom"}))),'Project Data Sheet'!B21," ") (B22 corresponds to 9138001, B23 corresponds to 9138002, etc.)

and shows the following result placing project numbers in their corresponding cells:

Sample Number(s):91380009138001913800391380049138005

<tbody>
</tbody>

For the cells that are empty, i.e., where 9138002, 9138007 and 9138008, etc. would have been placed had they met the criteria, is there any way to close up these gaps so that I don't have gaping holes in my project number list and so that the next number that does meet that criteria would display in the next available cell instead of being locked into one particular? I hope that makes sense.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back