Drawing data between spreadsheets

chrisjread

Hi,

I've got three spreadsheets with info over different tabs which are to be posted onto a shared drive. I also want to create a fourth spreadsheet which will also be on the shared drive which will draw information from the other three. I know how to pull info between tabs on the same spreadsheet - 'tab_name'!C4:C8 etc, but not how do do it from different .xls files.

The 3 spreadsheets are also on my harddrive so I can create the 4th on my laptop before posting to the shared drive.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Chris

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Open the source and the target workbook. In a cell in the target workbook type equals, click Window on the menu and select the source workbook, point at the cell whose value you want and press Enter.

That will give you the syntax. Note that external references created like this are always absolute. If you want to copy the formula you will need to remove the $ before column or row, or maybe both.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back