Edit for percentage in formula please :)

Grammarjunkie

Board Regular
Hey, guys. Thanks for stopping.
I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this formula so that it pulls the VALUE portions in a 3 decimal format. Fields G9,D10, and J24 will all have percentages in them in three decimal places. When I'm CONCATENATE-ing, I'd like the value from those cells to be in 3 decimal places format, rather than what it's currently doing, which is 0.000XXX.

I'm not sure why I have a gap in knowledge on how to make this happen.
Thank you very much for any help. :)

Code:
=IF(J24="","",IF(G9="","",IF(D10="","",IF(AND(J24<>G9,G9=D10),CONCATENATE("Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",VALUE(J24),") does not match Note or ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),")"),IF(AND(D10<>J24,J24=G9),CONCATENATE("ELC interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),") does not match Closing Disclosure or Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),")",IF(AND(D10=J24,G9<>D10),CONCATENATE("Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),") does not match Closing Disclosure or ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),")"),IF(AND(D10<>J24,D10<>G9,J24<>G9),CONCATENATE("Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),"), ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),"), and Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",VALUE(J24),")all do not match"),""))))))))

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hey, guys. Thanks for stopping.
I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this formula so that it pulls the VALUE portions in a 3 decimal format. Fields G9,D10, and J24 will all have percentages in them in three decimal places. When I'm CONCATENATE-ing, I'd like the value from those cells to be in 3 decimal places format, rather than what it's currently doing, which is 0.000XXX.

I'm not sure why I have a gap in knowledge on how to make this happen.
Thank you very much for any help. :)

Code:
=IF(J24="","",IF(G9="","",IF(D10="","",IF(AND(J24<>G9,G9=D10),CONCATENATE("Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",VALUE(J24),") does not match Note or ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),")"),IF(AND(D10<>J24,J24=G9),CONCATENATE("ELC interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),") does not match Closing Disclosure or Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),")",IF(AND(D10=J24,G9<>D10),CONCATENATE("Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),") does not match Closing Disclosure or ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),")"),IF(AND(D10<>J24,D10<>G9,J24<>G9),CONCATENATE("Note Interest Rate (",VALUE(G9),"), ELC Interest Rate (",VALUE(D10),"), and Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",VALUE(J24),")all do not match"),""))))))))

Is there a way to do it with TEXT() instead of VALUE()? TEXT(J24,"0.000%")? Something like that?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Where you have ,value(j24), you need to have ,round(value(j24),3),

You need to do this for all your values. It will round the decimal to 3 places.

Probably an easier way is to put the round(cell address,3) in the formulas in D G and J. Or limit the input to 3 decimal places

Upvote 0
Hi,

Where you have ,value(j24), you need to have ,round(value(j24),3),

You need to do this for all your values. It will round the decimal to 3 places.

Probably an easier way is to put the round(cell address,3) in the formulas in D G and J. Or limit the input to 3 decimal places

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. But what I'm getting is that you're suggesting to use ROUND(J24,3). However, I tried that originally, and all it does is cut off the last few decimal places. So instead of reading 0.03562, it now reads 0.03.

Edit: Sorry, opposite. Instead of reading 0.03562, it reads 0.035. I want it to read 3.562 like how it's in the field.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or if you show it as text then
CONCATENATE("Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",TEXT(J24,"0.000%"),")

The .000 will limit the result to 3 decimal places and the % will show it how you want to see it.

Upvote 0
Ok so round(value(j24)*100,3) etc

Oh that makes sense. haha. Math was never my forte. I don't think I would have ever come to the idea of multiplying it in order to get what I wanted on my own. So I'm glad I came here.

Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Or if you show it as text then
CONCATENATE("Closing Disclosure Interest Rate (",TEXT(J24,"0.000%"),")

The .000 will limit the result to 3 decimal places and the % will show it how you want to see it.

Oh dude! I suggested that a few posts ago! haha. I wish I had tried it. I would have been so proud of myself. I just didn't think the 0s would work in that way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back