Editing workbook from another workbook not directly

ellak123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I have a WFH workbook that has a different sheet for each employee to log there working from home hours. Using VBA I open a Planner workbook and colour a cell in the corrrect day to blue to indicate working from home.

The problem I have is that the location of the 2 workbooks is now in a company Sharepoint(SP) Team. When the 2 files are saved locally or on my work SP the below code is fine to open the workbook as the files are open to 'anyone with the link'. However when they are on the company SP the access is only to 'people in our company with the link'. The Planner workbook can be changed directly by a person but when it is the WFH workbook editing the file it is not recognised as being inside our company so then the code opens the file in 'Read-Only' and therefore cannot be changed.

I think it must be a permissions issue however even company admin cannot change the permissions due to embedded security.

Is there some way to force the WFH workbook to run using a company email?

A beginner so all help appreciated!!

VBA Code:
Workbooks.Open("https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/Planner/lotsofrandomlettersandcharacters")

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back