Enter today's date if there is a change in another cell

Auroraborealis

Hello,

I am trying to complete the situation stated above. I need a waiting day results. There are 4 related columns.

1:process column(selecting from drop down list).
2:process last update date.
3:today's date.
4:waiting time result.

1,3 and 4 is okay. But I need help on second column. When there is any change in first column, then I need to update the date on second column. So I can track the waiting days for a part. For ex: a part's operation selected today, so the second column should show today's date but after 2 days have passed, it should show 2 days ago. Today() formula is keeping up to date the formula itself (this is needed for the third column but not for second.) So the fourth column can show the waiting days. I used that formula:

Code:
=IF(A55="","",IF(E55="",TODAY(),E55))

But its keeping the date updated. I think I can use macro to paste as value, but there are lots of operations for each part, when the first column updated with another process selection, the second row should update itself again so, I need the formula above again. Can anyone help me with that please?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Upvote 0
Thanks for the redirection, I already searched thru. Again I had a look at them but they are not the exact solution for me, I need more specific explanation. Please help me

Welcome to the Board!

Yes, you will want to use VBA to do static date/time stamps. There are tons of threads out there on it (just Google "Excel Date Stamp").
Here are a few links to get you started:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...-column-upon-data-change-first-time-only.html
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/706972-vba-code-autopost-date-time-stamp.html

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Make a selection in column A.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(0, 1) = Date
End Sub

Upvote 0
Ohh! Thanks a lot my problem solved! Thank youuu <3
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Make a selection in column A.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(0, 1) = Date
End Sub

Upvote 0
You are very welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back