Error: "The password you supplied is incorrect.Verify the CAPS LOCK key is off..."

Veeman23

Good Day

I recently upgraded two user to Win 10 and Office 2016 but they cannot open an excel protected password while other user can open it with the very same password. Any help please.

[h=2]Error: "The password you supplied is incorrect.Verify the CAPS LOCK key is off..."[/h]

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Does the password contain any digits? If so, and the users are using the number keypad to enter those digits they should also check that 'num lock' has not been turned off.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Does the password contain any digits? If so, and the users are using the number keypad to enter those digits they should also check that 'num lock' has not been turned off.

Dear Peter

Yes the password contain digits and I have tested with users who are still on office 2013 and 2010. I think the problem is with MS Excel 2016

Upvote 0
It’s not something I’ve heard of and I think it would be pretty widespread if it were a bug in 2016. How sure are you that the user doesn’t actually have caps lock on, and is typing the password correctly?

Upvote 0
It’s not something I’ve heard of and I think it would be pretty widespread if it were a bug in 2016. How sure are you that the user doesn’t actually have caps lock on, and is typing the password correctly?

Dear RoryA

I am 100% sure because I have tried it myself and it worked those users who are running office 2010 and 2013.

Upvote 0
If you password protect a workbook on the 2016 machine, can it be opened on one of the other machines?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back