Excel 2002 macros: will they work in Office 365?

pcc

Hi everyone. I have a very old laptop running Windows 10 and Excel 2002. It is very slow and I am thinking of upgrading. Many of the Excel workbooks that I have use userforms with various controls such as DateTime pickers, ProgressBars, Calendars as well as the usual more common controls such as CommandButtons, Labels etc. I am thinking of getting a more modern laptop and possibly subscribing to Office 365. I have a concern that, because my version of Excel is so old, my workbooks may not function correctly in Office 365. Does anyone have any insight into this? I do not cherish the thought of having to rework these workbooks if they do not work correctly (or at all!). Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
DateTime picker and the Calendar control will be an issue, as they are not part of Office any more. Progress bar should be fine.

Upvote 0
Solution
FileSearch (if you use it) also got removed (Trying to remember if it was there in 2002), and also if you do decide to go down the 365 route make sure you install the 32bit version rather than the 64bit version or you will have to make more amendments to your code.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I thought that might be the case. Filesearch was removed early 2000s, and I had to rework quite a few tools at the time. I despair that Microsoft remove functionality when they 'upgrade' their systems! Thanks once again.

Upvote 0
With regard to DateTime picker and Calendar control, that's not a major problem, just an irritation...

Upvote 0
I thought that might be the case. Filesearch was removed early 2000s,
Application.FileSearch was removed in Excel 2007 (much later than your 2002), I just can't remember whether it came in before Excel 2002 (think it was) ;)

Upvote 0
Application.FileSearch was removed in Excel 2007 (much later than your 2002), I just can't remember whether it came in before Excel 2002 (think it was) ;)
Yes you are correct. I was confused due to having Excel 2002 at home but various versions when at work. Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back