Excel 2010 - ActiveX ComboBox LinkedCell Error

gsof

Hi Guys,

I am creating a dashboard where I have 2 ComboBoxes (ActiveX - chose this because of the ability to do events such as '_change').

Background
My first department lists a product category (i.e. Sport, Games, Clothes, Food etc) and the second ComboBox is dependent upon the selection of the first. In order to deal with the dynamic behaviour, I have two Pivot Tables (1 for product category and 1 for products), when the user makes a selection in ComboBox #1 it updates the PivotTable for ComboBox #2, creates a dynamic range based on these values and adds the values to the ComboBox.

Problem - Linked Cell Error
ComboBox #1 has a linked cell for the value selected and the value is then obtained in the ComboBox and cell. I have done the same for ComboBox #2 however when I choose and option it goes to the linked cell but removes the value from ComboBox #2.

I require the linked cell to obtain the values necessary for later calculations & formulas. I have even tried VBA to obtain the ComboBox.value and then attribute this to another Range.

I am really confused because as of yesterday morning this was functioning fine, however I am now seeing issues.

Has anyone seen a similar issue or know a potential fix??

Thanks

gsof

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back