Excel 2011 - only one way to access macros?

wildcatherder

We are all glad that macro capability was restored to Office 2011 for Mac. Unfortunately, it appears the ONLY way to get at your macros is via Tools - Macros - Macros. Even here, the pane provided is not wide enough to display the full names of my macros.

If you are used to accessing your macros through a custom ribbon or by means of the Quick Access Toolbar, neither of those options is available in Excel 2011.

I can't even find any way to place a macro-triggering button in a cell.

Does anyone know of a way to get one-click or even two-click access to macros in Excel 2011 for Mac?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
I was able to add the Macros.. command button to the toolbar above the ribbon. Just use the "Customize Toolbars and Menus...". You can also create a new toolbar here.

Upvote 0
Thank you. It is a rather convoluted process but certainly less so than writing code to customize the ribbon in other versions. I am feeling a lot better about 2011; our engineers love their macros.

Now I'd like to know how to create custom icons for the buttons. The 42 offered simply are not meaningful for engineering macros. That's a separate topic, however.

Upvote 0
On the Excel menu, select Preferences
Then click the Ribbon button
Scroll down in the section that shows Ribbon tabs (Home, Layout, Tables...) to reveal the Developer tab
Click the Developer tab

With the Developer tab now available on the Ribbon, click it to expose commands for recording a macro, getting to the Visual Basic Editor and other related macro features.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdafasfasdf

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back