Excel 2016 retaining "column to column" values during copy/paste

WestMcDonald

First time posting here.... would like to take this opportunity to say that you guys rock and visiting this site has provided more excel answers than I care to count right now. Keep up the good work!

So here's my scenario. I have a table.. and I have another table. We'll call them "Source" and "Destination"... respectively.

I am filtering my source table down to specific selections based on the values in a column... So essentially, I only want rows where the "Team Name" is "Team B"... I am then copying those rows of data into the Destination table. Both the Source table and the Destination table house the same information... except that the Destination table only houses that information for Team B.

In my Source Table... Column A is where my table begins... but on my Destination Table... Column N is where my table begins. I am copying the information from my Source Table and pasting it into my Destination Table.... the problem I'm having now, is.... when I paste the information into my Destination Table... it's maintaining the column information. What I mean by this is... In my Source Table, column A is policy numbers... and column N is my work types... but in my Destination Table... column N is my policy numbers... and column AA is my work types. When I paste the data... it's pasting column N information from my source table, into my column N on my Destination Table... but those aren't the same pieces of information.

This only started once my organization upgraded to Office 365... so I'm assuming it's some sort of functionality that comes with a newer version of excel than what we've been using.

I think it's a nifty trick... I just want to be able to select when I want it to do that. Can someone give me a hand turning this feature off?.. or otherwise circumventing it?

I can throw together a mock example using dummy data, if needed.... I tend to over-explain things... or so I'm told. --_--

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinkdrummer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back