Excel 2017 not auto calculating some rows in a sheet

mdefr

Hi all

Having a problem with a tab in my excel workbook that doesn't autocalculate some rows.
The equations in those rows are valid but they do not update when the data they are reading from is changed.
Pressing calculate now doesn't update the result of the equation either.

The only way I have found to update the result is to change the equation from divide by 100,000 (in this example) to a different number
and then change it back to (100,000). Any ideas on what's wrong?

This has me worried about whether it is systemic within my sheet or even this version and I will need to check all other tabs.

Current version: Excel 2017

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Does hitting [ctrl + alt + f9] make them recalc (this recals everything)? also, have you checked that you have no circular reference errors (these some times cause weird issues)?

Upvote 0
Does hitting [ctrl + alt + f9] make them recalc (this recals everything)? also, have you checked that you have no circular reference errors (these some times cause weird issues)?

Actually, it does. Surprisingly. Is it an issue to do with there being out of workbook links that weren't updated on opening?

Upvote 0
Sorry, without seeing the exact situation, I can't tell whats's wrong. My best is advice is to definitely look at what is different about the formulas that don't recalc (start with those in the most upper left), and also once again double check the circular references.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Your thread title says Excel 2017. I assume that is a typo or you just meant that you have the latest version through Office 365?

In any case, see if this link helps with the below issue.
Is it an issue to do with there being out of workbook links that weren't updated on opening?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back