still learning

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I just downloaded office 365..don't know if it's good or bad. The download was free and the yearly fee will be (as long as I stay in good graces with my brother-in-law) :)

Is there a way to go back to my old one (Excel 2010)? Some of the ribbon icons changed and I want to see what they were (Don't ever get old)

Can I make my own icons for the ribbon like before Excel2010)?

My icons on the ribbon don't all show like in 2010, I had to change the screen resolution. Is there a way to do it without changing the resolution?

Can I make the icons on the ribbon bolder(darker)?

Some of my sheets seem to freeze a second after opening and the only thing i can do is more the cursor around and enter data. The enter key and the right click doesn't work. Left click does. After about a minute all is good. I shut off all macros on opening and activating, but the problem is still there.
Some work find with a activation or open macro. I don't have any that have a link to another book or sheet. Ive closed excel and re-openeded it. I thought it's because excel is changing over from 2010 each time, But it happens ever time i open the different sheets
A couple work find even with open macros. I don't think the size of the macro has anything to do with it because as i said above, i stopped the codes from working when i opened them.
Is there something else to look for? Ive checked 6 out of about 30 so far.

Is there a option to change the Bright Green thing across the top?

mike

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi Micropod

Thanks for the reply
I use a menu screen with a userform that comes up when I start excel. That way I can easily go to the books that I use most often.
I found out last night that if I open a book using that way, it takes about 3 minutes for it to load completely.
If I open the book by going thru “recent files”., It loads like it should.
It’s not the end of the world, and now I’ve got something to do in my spare time!
I’ll try and use a different way to get to the books . Maybe command buttons, or something
I found the that in options that I can change the color of the books, which gets rid of the green stripe at the top. That makes it a little easier to see the ribbon icons.
I’d like to have the icons look like the did in 2010. It’ll take a little while to remember where that one I need is at. Yes I have the name of the macro show when I hover over it. I didn’t name the macros properly.
It took away to get used to excel 2010 from 2003. I’ll probably get used to this, too

Well, I don’t mean to ramble on
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Mike (y) (y) have a few, it's holiday time

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back