Excel - cant stop scrolling

L

Legacy 191154

my Lenovo T1 laptop. Periodically in Excel, the scrolling wont stop, either left-right, or top-bottom. Sometimes (not always) it happens in other programs.

I did spend about 30 min searching on internet but could not find a solution. Found plenty of "my scrolling doesnt work"........

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Welcome to MrExcel board...

I have had that ocassionally and it generally happens with large documents and doing alot of copy/paste without saving. Suspect the memory becomes fragmented. By rebooting it would clear the problem.

Upvote 0
that's a possibility but sometimes it happens right after I open a file. I rarely do a lot of cut/paste...but you never know. I had a problem with an excel file OPENING...Lots of tabs....but I had a lightbulb moment and copied the data from one of the tabs to a new tab and deleted the old tab. Bingo. Opened in a flash.

When I move to AZ in a few months I'll be getting a desktop. This LT has lasted almost 3 years. I'll just continue to reboot.

thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back