Excel formula for Multiple Date Scenario

leahmullins

I am needing a formula to calculate attendance depending on the employee's time of service. If an employee has worked for the company less than two years, attendance is calculated in a way the employee is allowed to miss less days (only allowed 3) before receiving a point and if they have been with the company longer than two years, it is calculated that the employee is allowed more days to miss (allowed 5) before receiving a point. I want the formula to determine which way to calculate it based on the date of hire I enter into the spreadsheet. I currently have this formula: =IF(OR(K8<=3,K8<=4),K8*0,IF(F3>TODAY()-731,(K8-4)*1,(K8-5)*1)), but it won't do the correct calculation based on the hire date when the days missed is >=4 if they have been with the company less than 2 years. When K8=4 it won't calculate a point. If I manipulate the sum "(K8-4)*1 by adding 1 ((K8-4)*1+1), it throws off the calculation if the employee has been with the company over 2 years (it will calculate -1 if they have missed 4 days). A couple cells to know: F3= the person's Date of Hire; K8=the amount of days missed. I am currently using Excel 2013 with Windows 7 Professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Welcome to the Forum.

If you provide us some sample data together with expected results, we could conduct experiments.

Upvote 0
Thank you for getting back. So, a couple examples would be an employee has a DOH of 4/17/2017 (cell F3). He has missed 4 (cell K8) times. He should receive "1" point because he has been with the company less than 2 years. If the formula works as I would like it to, the cell this formula is in would populate "1". If the employee had missed 6 times, he should have "3" points which once again should populate in the cell with the formula. Another scenario would be if an employee's DOH is 5/12/2005 (cell F3) and he has missed 4 days (cell K8). He wouldn't get a point because he has been with the company longer than 2 years, so the cell with the formula should have "0" in it. If the employee misses 5 or 6 times, he should have "0" or "1" point respectively, once again populated in the cell with the formula.

Upvote 0
Thank you for getting back. So, a couple examples would be an employee has a DOH of 4/17/2017 (cell F3). He has missed 4 (cell K8) times. He should receive "1" point because he has been with the company less than 2 years. If the formula works as I would like it to, the cell this formula is in would populate "1". If the employee had missed 6 times, he should have "3" points which once again should populate in the cell with the formula. Another scenario would be if an employee's DOH is 5/12/2005 (cell F3) and he has missed 4 days (cell K8). He wouldn't get a point because he has been with the company longer than 2 years, so the cell with the formula should have "0" in it. If the employee misses 5 or 6 times, he should have "0" or "1" point respectively, once again populated in the cell with the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back