Excel Formula Help!!! Combining IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH & SUMPRODUCT

Bstatum

Hello excel community.

I needing some formula help. I am working on a class scheduling project that uses the Excel Student Schedule template to read specific cell data from a master list and then paste that data into the corresponding worksheet.

I have set up my worksheet similar to how the Excel template works.

My formula combines an IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH & SUMPRODUCT function, but unlike the Excel template I am wanting to paste information across multiple worksheets and not just a single sheet.

Current function : =IFERROR(INDEX(ClassList,MATCH(SUMPRODUCT((ClassList[ROOM]=MondayDanksHeaders[[#Headers],[MAIN AUD]])*(ROUNDDOWN($B5,10)>=ROUNDDOWN(ClassList[START TIME],10))*($B5<=ClassList[END TIME]),ClassList[UNIQUE]),ClassList[UNIQUE],0),2),0)

I am having difficulty working out how get the function to recognize the specific worksheet to paste the data into. At the moment any data that matches gets pasted in the “Monday Danks” sheet, but I need the formula to also read the ‘Class List’ ‘Day’ column that matches the ‘Class Schedule’ sheets.

If there is would be a better way to run the worksheet (ex. Through VBA). I would appreciate the help.

Please see my samples below. My apologies if the samples arent great. This forum is quiet difficult to post on!

“Master Data List” – Row 11 as example
CLASS LIST
TYPESUBJECTYEARSTREAMSEMESTERCODEDAYLOCATIONROOMSTART TIMEEND TIMEUNIQUE
Core Leading a Church DepartmentAdvancedPastoral CA1P1Thursday DanksDanks1
TutorialCorinthian CorrespondenceAdvancedPastoral Tutorial 1Friday DanksDanksARK2
TutorialCorinthian CorrespondenceAdvancedPastoral Tutorial 2Friday DanksDanksARK3
Core Leading a Church DepartmentAdvancedPastoral CA2P1Wednesday DanksDanksLIBRARY 24
Core Corinthian CorrespondenceAdvancedPastoral CA2P25
TutorialCorinthian CorrespondenceAdvancedPastoral Tutorial 3Friday DanksDanksARK6
TutorialPreachingAdvancedPastoral Tutorial 1Wednesday DanksDanksARK7
TutorialTraining SkillsAdvancedPastoral Tutorial 3Wednesday DanksDanksARK8
Core Communication in Ministry CertificatePastoral CC2P3Monday DanksDanksARK10:15 AM11:15 AM9
LecturePreachingAdvancedPastoral N/AFriday DoodyDoodyMAIN AUD 10
Core Personal Leadership CertificatePastoral CC2P3Monday DanksDanksARK11:15 AM12:45 PM11
TutorialBible Study MethodsCertificatePastoral CC1P2Wednesday DanksDanksARK12

<colgroup><col><col><col span="4"><col><col><col><col span="2"><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

First “Day” Sheet example titled “Monday Danks” – Row 13 to follow example above
CLASS SCHEDULESCHEDULE STARTTIME INTERVAL
Class List

<tbody>
</tbody>
8:00 AM15 MIN
TIMEMAIN AUDCUBBYHOUSEZOOPARENTSVOLTAGEARK2ND AUDMUSIC LIBRARY 1LIBRARY 2
8:00 AM000
8:15 AM000
8:30 AM000
8:45 AM000
9:00 AMCommunication in Ministry 0Music Theory for Vocals0
9:15 AMCommunication in Ministry 0Music Theory for VocalsCommunication in Ministry
9:30 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopCommunication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Music Theory for VocalsCommunication in Ministry
9:45 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopCommunication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Music Theory for VocalsCommunication in Ministry
10:00 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopSongwriting Workshop 20Music Theory for VocalsCommunication in Ministry
10:15 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Communication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & PresentationCommunication in Ministry
10:30 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Communication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & Presentation0
10:45 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Communication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & Presentation0
11:00 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Communication in Ministry Songwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & Presentation0
11:15 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Leading a Church DepartmentSongwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & PresentationPersonal Leadership
11:30 AMMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopMusicians WorkshopVocal WorkshopPersonal Leadership Personal Leadership Songwriting Workshop 20Public Speaking & PresentationPersonal Leadership

<colgroup><col><col span="6"><col><col span="3"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

If you’re interested in helping I can send the full project for a better understanding.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
To clarify the my second example on the excel it only posts the Subject name in the first time cell (ex. Communication in Ministry" Subject starting at 10:15am and ending 11:15am. but only posting the name in the 10:15 row.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back