Excel Function for Choosing and Analyse Best Supplier

peergynt

[FONT=&quot]Hello All.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a question. This is what I want to do;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have 3 or more suppliers and every supplier gives me price list for items. I compile them into one excel file. I could choose only one supplier and I need to buy all items from that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For example, I have item list on the first column, Supplier A's prices in the second column, Supplier B's prices on third one etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to add extra columns to find out which supplier is best for that item and help me to analyze between suppliers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to add one column for; check three prices and find minimum one and write it that cell. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For another extra column; indicate this min. price belong to Supp.A or Supp.B or Supp.C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the hard part that I cannot figure it out; another column to make analyze.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For example, I will write selected supplier on one cell like A, B or C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An extra column for analyzing need to be; look selected supplier, compare its price with other two suppliers item by item. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if min. price belongs to the selected supplier it will write to cell "Cheapest" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if min. price of this item not belong to selected supplier; it will compare with other two suppliers price, if difference less than 10% between selected one and other two supplier price it will write "Not Cheapest but Safe", If the price difference more than 10% between selected one and either one of the other two suppliers it will write "Not Cheapest and Need Check"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What do you think? Is this doable?

f8fa64d0-721a-4e92-8e03-755549e5d026
[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I didn't check it. I hope it works.
HTML:
G4 =IF(SMALL($B4:$D4,2)>INDEX($B$:$D$11,ROW(),MATCH($B$1,$B$3:$D$3,0))*1.1,"NOT THE CHEAPEST","CHEAPEST")

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back