Excel Macro how do I filter time using VBA to copy/paste to different sheet

navydog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to use VBA to automate a process I perform multiple times a day. I've figured out a little bit but I've got 2 different columns containing time. The estimated time is sometimes populated so I want to be able to filter on 2 conditions: either ET (Estimated Time) is populated and contains a time in a range (between 06:30 and 14:30) and if empty, then Scheduled Time falls between 06:30 and 14:30. Once that filtering is done, then copy/paste those resulting rows into a different sheet. I know almost nothing about VBA and need help...PLEASE!!

1690044538427.png

Thanks. It is pretty much just a matter of putting all the internal code from the 3 procedures into one single procedure. It can be a matter of personal preference but I like to have all the 'Dim' and 'Const' statements at the start of the procedure so I have moved them to that position.
There was also a certain amount of unnecessary repetition, especially in that last procedure (eg no need to keep setting the same data range, no need to keep setting rCrit and no need to clear rCrit until all filters have been processed) so I have streamlined that a bit.

I have not tested the resultant procedure so please do so with a copy of your workbook.

VBA Code:
Public Sub All_3_Procedures()
  Dim ws As Worksheet, lRow As Long
  Dim i As Long
  Dim ShiftNames As Variant
  Dim rCrit As Range

Const FrmlaBases As String = "#=COUNT('^'!E2:E1000)|#=COUNTIF('^'!I2:I1000,""yes"")||#=COUNTIF('^'!L2:L1000,""Critical"")|#=COUNTIFS('^'!L2:L1000,""Critical"",'^'!I2:I1000,""Yes"")|"

'***** TextToCol1 *****
  Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("LAVEXPORT")

ws.Range("B2:C3000").ClearContents

With ws
      lRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
      .Range("A1:A" & lRow).TextToColumns Semicolon:=True
      .Range("A1:N3000").AutoFilter
      .Range("A1:N3000").VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
      .Range("A1:N3000").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
      .Range("A1:N3000").Columns.AutoFit

End With

'***** SortingColumnsInRange *****
  ShiftNames = Split("AM PM RON")

Range("A:N").Sort key1:=Columns("E"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Columns("F"), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets("LAVEXPORT")).Name = "Counts"

For i = 0 To UBound(ShiftNames)
    Sheets.Add(Before:=Sheets("Counts")).Name = ShiftNames(i)
    With Sheets("Counts")
      .Cells(1, i + 2).Value = ShiftNames(i)
      With .Cells(2, i + 2).Resize(6)
        .Value = Application.Transpose(Split(Replace(FrmlaBases, "^", ShiftNames(i)), "|"))
        .Replace What:="#", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart
      End With
    End With
  Next i

With Sheets("Counts")
    .Range("A2:A7").Value = Application.Transpose(Array("Overall Flights Count", "Overall Flights Completed", "Overall Completion Rate (%)", "Critical Flights Count", "Critical Flights Completed", "Critical Completion Rate (%)"))
    .UsedRange.EntireColumn.ColumnWidth = 15
    .Rows(1).HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
    With .Range("B4:D4,B7:D7")
      .NumberFormat = "0.0%"
      .FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(R[-2]C=0,"""",R[-1]C/R[-2]C)"
    End With
  End With

'***** Test *****
  With Sheets("LAVEXPORT").Range("A1").CurrentRegion
    Set rCrit = .Offset(, .Columns.Count + 1).Resize(2, 1)

rCrit.Cells(2).Formula = "=LET(StartT,TIME(6,30,0),EndT,TIME(15,00,0),OR(AND(F2>=StartT,G2<=EndT,F2>=StartT,F2<=EndT),AND(G2="""",F2>=StartT,F2<=EndT),AND(F2<=StartT,G2>=StartT,G2<=EndT),AND(F2>EndT,G2>=StartT,G2<=EndT)))"
    .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=rCrit, CopyToRange:=Sheets("AM").Range("A1"), Unique:=False

rCrit.Cells(2).Formula = "=LET(StartT,TIME(15,01,0),EndT,TIME(23,00,0),OR(AND(G2>=StartT,G2<=EndT,F2>=StartT,F2<=EndT),AND(G2="""",F2>=StartT,F2<=EndT),AND(F2<=StartT,G2>=StartT,G2<=EndT),AND(F2>EndT,G2>=StartT,G2<=EndT)))"
    .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=rCrit, CopyToRange:=Sheets("PM").Range("A1"), Unique:=False

rCrit.Cells(2).Formula = "=LET(StartT,TIME(23,01,0),EndT,TIME(23,59,0),StartT2,TIME(00,00,0),EndT2,TIME(06,29,0),OR(AND(F2<=StartT, G2>=StartT, G2<=EndT, G2<>""""), AND(F2>=StartT, F2<=EndT, G2>=StartT, G2<=EndT, G2<>""""),AND(F2>=StartT, F2<=EndT, G2=""""),AND(F2>=StartT2, F2<=EndT2, G2=""""),AND(F2>=EndT2, G2>=StartT2, G2<=EndT2,G2<>""""), AND(F2>=StartT2, F2<=EndT2, G2>=StartT2, G2<=EndT2, G2<>""""), AND(F2>=EndT2, G2>=StartT2, G2<=EndT2, G2<>"""")))"
   .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=rCrit, CopyToRange:=Sheets("RON").Range("A1"), Unique:=False

rCrit.ClearContents
  End With

End Sub
Mr. Peter, that worked like a freakin charm. You are a scholar and a gentleman! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You are welcome. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back