Excel macro to Append to Access Table

gophman

I'm still fairly a beginner with vba in general, but have managed to do a few things. I'm interested in a way to use vba to append data to an access table from excel. I'll have to do this for multiple different reports. I have multiple reports that I run via IBM's Cognos Impromptu to which export straight to an .xlsx file. This data I am then wanting to have a macro written on my personal.xlsb that will run and update an access table (I will do this for the different reports). Then the various access tables I have connected to a powerpivot report where I'm building multiple pivotcharts over all the various data. If someone has a nicer way to do this also I'm all ears!!! I do not have access to the back end databases that the cognos data is pulling from so I can't connect straight from there to powerpivot or else I would. Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue! One other thing is that the data will have a variable amount of rows when it spits out the report. The columns are formatted already to the way that they should be since I built the reports!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry this is my very first post so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunny_ksy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back