Excel Macro to Copy Contents from one column and merge into a new column in another existing workbook

yassen5547

Here is what I am looking for, and need it as quick as possible within 24 hours if possible. I need a macro (VBA Code) to copy the contents of one column in the source workbook to the destination workbook. This isn't as simple as a cut and paste. I need it to validate and compare the files based on contents on 2 other columns similar to a mail merge function.

1. There are 2 excel workbooks.
2. The source one where I want to put the Macro is named TOR_PD_Overlay.
3. The destination or target workbook is named Target_2010_Mail.
4. The source workbook has a worksheet named Remodels.
5. The target workbook also has a Remodels worksheet.
6. Both worksheets have columns named St# and Start Date.
7. St# is column D in both source and target worksheet.
8. Start Date is column M in the source worksheet and column N in the target worksheet.
9. Need to create a new column (AL1) named "P&D Completed Date" on target worksheet.
10. Column N in the source worksheet has the contents we want to copy ("P&D Completed Date") and merge into the new column AL in the target worksheet.
11. The macro needs to verify if there is an entry in column N and if so, copy and paste it into the target worksheet matching it against the St# & Start Date columns.

The system will update the target workbook and the source is maintained by someone and the "P&D Completed Date" will be updated by that person that is why it needs to scan and compare between the two other columns. The person updating the Source file should be able to run the macro to update the weekly generated target workbook.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back